What excites you about your business this year? What excites Interwork is the growth rate of the IT Security business this year. IDC predicts that the $29B North American IT Security market will grow at an average rate of 9.2% until 2017 compared to the 4-6% range for the rest of the market (depending on the segment). Further, Gartner indicated that the top 3 technologies on the minds of CIO’s are Business Intelligence, Mobile Technology, and Cloud Computing. Security was #9, but to Interwork it’s #1 because Security is pervasive. How can you have a business intelligence solution without protecting the data or addressing compliance? How can you deploy mobile technologies without addressing secure access to corporate information? How can you deploy a cloud solution without data centre security? These are not new questions, but they are questions that Interwork helps our partners with every day. And that’s what excites me about the business this year, among others.
Here’s what’s happening at Interwork:
• We are in the final stages of our Webstore requirements and plan to launch a full-featured store in the first half of this year. Stay tuned for more updates.
• We are investing more time in training & development, especially in the areas of Virtualization, Data Management & Mobility, and Cloud Security. Our partnership with Trend Micro and their leadership in Cloud Security & Virtualization will play an integral role.
• We recently partnered with WatchGuard to hire a resource to support Western Canada.
• We are rolling out WINMagic’s data encryption solutions for all mobile workers and installed WAN optimization to support the growing demands on our network.
• We rolled out our first WatchGuard & Vasco authentication bundle – great feedback & response from our customers. The solution fits like a glove – ask us why.
We also have a number of new additions to the Interwork team & partner community:
• We recently added Exinda’s WAN optimization & application assurance solutions to our solution line card – a Visionary under Gartner’s Magic Quadrant report this year http://www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-1FA5WUX&ct=130430&st=sb. In fact, we liked Exinda’s story so much that we recently implemented their solution in our offices – very easy install & friendly management console. It apparently “works like a charm” – this coming right from Alan, our IT guy!
• We added Efliq’s link balancing technology that simply & securely ensures business continuity through managing multiple, concurrent ISP’s.
• As mentioned, we recently added a resource in Western Canada to grow the WatchGuard business. Pantelis Neofotis is based in Calgary and joins us from a Security reseller. He has a diploma in Computer Engineering and has a wealth of IT and channel experience.
• We have a few folks that are new, but familiar faces at the same time. Chloe Yan has re-joined us after her 1 year maternity leave. While it was very hard to leave the baby and go back to work, Chloe is happy to be back in her Vendor Accounting & Collections role. Mallary Davenport has moved from her previous role (Chloe’s position) and has joined Interwork in a newly created role – Partner Relations & Development Specialist. Mallary will be tasked with working with our vendor partners in helping our resellers with training, development, and uncovering new business opportunities.
There are many more exciting initiatives for this year. We hope to work with you to share our experiences and identify opportunities for growth. We are grateful for your business and I wish you all the best in Q2.
President's Message – Interwork Technologies