Healthcare is not so different from any service industry facing specific and uncompromising customer requirements. Establishing a sustainable effective and efficient IT operation is crucial. The priority concerns for healthcare providers center on ensuring that patient records are always accessible and that they remain completely secure and protected from a ransomware attack.
Data backup and protection together play an essential role in meeting the demanding, often compliance-driven, data security and integrity requirements faced by hospitals, clinics, physicians, insurance companies and anyone involved with the creation, distribution, and storage of patient records.
Acronis has worked closely with healthcare providers to create a state-of-the-art data protection solution tailored to providing end-to-end secure data backup that features encryption of data in the end stations and throughout data transmission between primary systems and backup servers (whether local or remote).
WannaCry Ransomware Attack
Following the recent WannaCry ransomware attack that crippled the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) network and computers, healthcare organizations began to realize that conventional cybersecurity measures are not sufficient for providing proper protection for their critical infrastructure. It’s become clear that all systems within a provider’s IT purview must be proactively protected against advanced malware attacks. Healthcare providers, like any modern (and potentially global) business, started to look for a new solution that would offer complete protection in unforeseen circumstances where valuable data is put at risk.
To help healthcare organizations meet this need, Acronis works with value-added distributors of IT security and information management, such as Interwork, to promote and distribute Acronis Backup 12.5 — the world’s fastest, easiest, and most complete data protection solution available on the market today.
Modern-Day Data Protection
Being in business for more than 20 years, Interwork established itself as a trusted solutions provider, delivering exceptional service, value, and expertise in cyber security to partners and customers in North America. The faster cyber security experts understand the value of a fast backup and have welcomed the new solution that can address the modern-day data protection woes.
Acronis Backup 12.5 fully meets the needs of healthcare organizations and opens new high margin business opportunities for Interwork partners. With Acronis Backup 12.5, Interwork’s partners can replace legacy backup solutions, helping healthcare organizations to grow, protect, and develop IT infrastructure without compromising the safety of data. The new technology such as Acronis Active ProtectionTM and Acronis NotaryTM extends the functionality of backup by automatically defending data against ransomware and certifying important documents through blockchain for future data integrity verification.
Acronis Backup 12.5 offers complete protection of all data. The new unified web console provides the easiest and fastest backup management of physical Microsoft Windows® and Linux® servers; virtual VMware® and Microsoft Hyper-V®; cloud Microsoft Azure® VMs and Amazon® EC2 instances; Microsoft Exchange®, SQL Server®, SharePoint® and Active Directory® applications; local and remote Microsoft Windows and Mac® workstations and laptops; as well as iPhone®, iPad® and Android® devices. Together with Acronis, Interwork provides partners and customers with the best-in-class data backup and protection options, featuring the following key features and benefits:
- Safe, Flexible Backup
- World’s fastest image-based backup of entire physical, virtual, or cloud systems
- File-based backup of selected local folders or network shares
- Backup for Microsoft Exchange Server
- Data encryption (AES-256) for secure data access, storage, and transfer
- Backup of user endpoints – desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- VMware VM replication, failover, and failback
- Improved Recovery
- Flexible complete recovery options with RTOs of seconds or minutes
- Recovery of Windows or Linux machines to the same or dissimilar hardware, including virtual and cloud environments
- Simplified Data Recovery
- Recovery of files, folder, databases, mailboxes, emails, and other items
- Granular recovery from Exchange and SharePoint backups
- Easy-to-use Management
- Easy-to-use on-premise or cloud-based web console to manage all physical systems, VMs, cloud workloads, application backups, and endpoint backups
- Intuitive web-based user interface makes it easy to install, configure, and deploy
- Centralized alerting
- Powerful and Efficient Storage Management
- Automatic validation and clean-up of old backups
- Backup replication to automatically store backups in multiple locations, including the Acronis Cloud
The unique and demanding data security and accessibility requirements for healthcare applications suggest that specific safety measures need to be applied for end-to-end data management of patient records. Acronis Backup 12.5 provides the best-in-class capabilities needed to secure provider data wherever it is archived. Whether via on-premises systems, in the cloud, or leveraging a hybrid environment, Acronis backup solutions and Interwork cyber security services provide the performance and security needed to ensure safe handling of patient data.
For more information, please visit: http://www.acronis.com/en-us/business/backup/