WatchGuard XTM 25 and XTM 26 Appliances Round-Out Small Business, Wireless Hotspot and Branch Office Offerings; Provide Full Suite of Protection Against Hackers, Malware and More
SAN FRANCISCO (RSA) – February 27, 2012 – Continuing its ownership of the small and midsize market, WatchGuard® Technologies, a global leader in business security solutions, today added to its SMB and branch office offerings with two new unified threat management (UTM) appliances – the WatchGuard XTM 25 and XTM 26. Ideal for small businesses, wireless hotspots and branch offices, the WatchGuard XTM 25 and 26 appliances raise the standard for network security price and performance. Protection is stronger than ever, with HTTPS inspection, VoIP support, and options for Application Control and all other WatchGuard security services (WebBlocker, spamBlocker, Gateway Antivirus, Intrusion Prevention Service, Reputation Enabled Defense, and LiveSecurity Service).
“Small businesses need more from their firewall today than ever before,” said Tim Helming, Director of Product Management at WatchGuard Technologies. “The new WatchGuard XTM 25 and 26 UTM appliances give small businesses enterprise-class protection and advanced business productivity features that are typically seen in appliances that cost thousands of dollars more.”
WatchGuard XTM 25/26 – Packed with the latest security technologies
Despite its small form factor size and diminutive price tag, the WatchGuard XTM 25 and XTM 26 are ready to run the latest security features and advanced networking technologies available today. These include:
- Defense-in-depth protection – Identity-based firewalling plus WatchGuard’s unique proxy technology provides full protection against the most sophisticated attacks;
- Integrated VPN – Whether it is used to create secure virtual private network (VPN) tunnels for Apple iPad, iPhone and other iOS-based devices, or used to enable secure remote connectivity for mobile employees, VPN set up is effortless and easy;
- Application Control – Both WatchGuard XTM 25 and 26 appliances support next-generation firewall functionality via Application Control. This allows businesses to utilize web 2.0 apps, while keeping employees focused on work rather than playing social media-based games;
- Malware and Hacker Prevention – Armed with the latest in intrusion prevention, spam-blocking and gateway anti-virus, the WatchGuard XTM 25 and 26 appliances keep malware, spyware, viruses, worms and hackers out of small business networks;
- Cloud-based Protection – Keeping small business networks running fast and efficient, both WatchGuard XTM 25 and 26 models can use WatchGuard’s Reputation Enabled Defense service, which is a cloud-based IP and URL reputation solution that stops threats in the cloud before they ever hit the network edge;
- Fast and Flexible Networking – Models include five 1GbE ports for faster link speeds, and wireless models have dual-band 802.11/n technologies for greater wireless speed and responsiveness;
- Advanced Management and Reporting – Real-time monitoring, secure logging and more than 65 report templates give businesses insight as to what is going in and out of their network and by whom.
Helming concludes, “Many small businesses face the same challenges as large organizations – how to keep data, applications and their network safe. With WatchGuard, it doesn’t matter if your business has 10 or 10,000 employees – they all get the same levels of advanced, next-generation threat protection at price points that simply can’t be beat.”
Pricing and Availability
The WatchGuard XTM 25 and XTM 26 will be available in March from authorized WatchGuard channel partners. The list price for the XTM 25 begins at $440; the XTM 26 at $635. Wireless versions are available, starting at $550. For more information, please go to www.watchguard.com.