Highlights / News Facts:
WatchGuard Technologies’ security analysts provide their 2012 security predictions:
- 10 ) HTML5 offers five times the ways to hijack your website – New web technologies like HTML5 fuel the growth for next year’s web application attacks
- 9 ) Location aware malware customizes its attacks – Spyware knows where you live
- 8 ) Attackers launch a digital attack that affects physical infrastructure or equipment – My power plant got a virus infection
- 7 ) As the top vector for social engineering and malware, Facebook is forced to increase its security – If Facebook doesn’t “like” security they’ll surely get “poked”
- 6) Adoption of BYOD and IT self-service results in more data loss – Bring your own device means clean your own infections
- 5 ) Smartphone app stores and marketplaces help proliferate mobile malware in the real world– Who planted digital weeds into my mobile app garden?
- 4 ) Increased reliance on virtualization reawakens need for virtual security – Unprotected virtual machines make bad neighbors
- 3 ) The barrage of noteworthy data breaches continues through 2012 – Hacktivists and script-kiddies rage against the machine
- 2 ) Organized criminals will leverage Advanced Malware techniques in targeted attacks against businesses – Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) trickle down to SMBs and Consumers
- 1 ) A major cloud provider will suffer a significant security breach – Cloud Computing brings chance of malware-storms
Read More Here!